With this downing of the SU24:
1. NATO is isolated from Syria,
2. Russia became a victim; - this will open up new opportunities in the region.
3. S400 missile systems are being moved to Syria without getting a stupid reaction by any country.
4. It gained legitimacy to Russia for all its actions Russia is planning in Syria in the near future.
5. A simple pretext given now to Russia’s to create a no fly zone in Syria, which was planed by NATO previously... (to help Turkey to bomb the Kurds)
And what has Turkey gained? Nothing!
Well, this is still open: sudden "technical problems" maybe responsible for "interrupting" the delivery of gas to Turkey, 60% of Turkey's demand of gas is delivered from Russia. It it can get very cold for Mr "Erdolf". And this Pipeline maybe delayed till "Erdolf" is gone.... There are so much more things to have fun with.
This is the chance for all Western Leaders, Obama, Hollande, Cameron etc., for a U-turn from Syria policy without loosing their face! This change will may never come back. They better get smart.